Mumbai, 27, October 2023: In a commendable achievement, 22 researchers hailing from Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham have earned a coveted spot in Stanford University’s esteemed list of top scientists. This marks the fourth consecutive 12 months that researchers from Amrita have secured a place throughout the top 2% globally, in accordance to the rankings launched by the distinguished US-based establishment.
Notably, this 12 months’s determine represents a big improve from the earlier rely of 13 to 22 researchers. The choice course of for this distinguished list relies on an intensive analysis of analysis papers revealed and the cumulative years devoted to analysis endeavors.
For the 12 months 2023, Stanford University has unveiled two separate lists. The first one is formulated contemplating each the quantity of analysis papers revealed and the length spent in analysis pursuits. The second list, alternatively, spotlights excellence in analysis achieved over the previous 12 months.
The first list contains eight researchers with Amrita:
- Dr. P Venkat Rangan, Vice-Chancellor of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Dr. Maneesha V Ramesh, Provost, Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Dr. Jayakumar Rangasamy, Professor, Amrita School of Nanosciences and Molecular Medicine, Kochi
- Prof. Shantikumar Nair, Dean & HoS, School of Nanosciences & Molecular Medicine, Kochi
- Dr. R. Krishnakumar, HoD, Professor, Department of Paediatric Cardiology, School of Medicine, Kochi
- Dr. Radhika N., Professor, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, Amrita School of Engineering, Coimbatore
- Dr. Bijo Mathew, Professor & HoD, Dept. of Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Analysis, School of Pharmacy, Kochi
- Dr. Madhav Datta, Professor Emeritus, Amrita School of Engineering
The second list then went on to embrace the next researchers with Amrita for his or her achievements this previous 12 months:
- Dr. Soman Okay.P, Dean, School of Artificial Intelligence | HoD, Computational Engineering and Networking, Coimbatore
- Dr. Aravind Madhavan, Research Scientist, School of Biotechnology, Amritapuri
- Dr. Vinod V.T Padil, Professor, School for Sustainable Futures, Amritapuri
- Dr. Sanjay Pandey, Head, Neurology and Stroke Medicine, Amrita School of Medicine, Faridabad
- Dr. R. Krishankumar, School of Computing, Coimbatore
- Dr. Adityakumar Sahu, Associate Professor, School of Computing, Amaravati
- Dr. Senthilkumar Bhaskar, Assistant Professor, Amrita Centre for Nanosciences and Molecular Medicine, Kochi
- Dr. Sudip Kumar Batabyal, Professor, Dept of Sciences, School of Physical Sciences, Coimbatore
- Dr. J.Okay Madhukesh, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Dr. Manu Raj, Professor, Department of Paediatrics, School of Medicine, Kochi
- Dr. Sunil Kumar, Assistant Professor, Dept of Mathematics, Chennai
- Dr. Shantanu Mandal, PhD. & Research – Chair Amrita School of Business, Amaravati
- Dr. Naveen Kumar – Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics, Amrita School of Engineering, Bengaluru
- Dr. Varun Kumar – Post-doctoral pupil, Computational Science Lab (CSL), Bengaluru
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is a multi-campus, multidisciplinary Institution of Eminence accredited by NAAC. It can also be ranked the seventh Ranked University in India within the 2023 National Institution Ranking Framework (NIRF). Amrita continues to be the No. 1 Private University in India as per THE 2023 world rankings as effectively. The college has been awarded two UNESCO Chairs specifically the UNESCO Chair for Experiential Learning for Sustainable Innovation & Development and the UNESCO Chair on Gender Equality & Women (*22*). The college headquartered at Coimbatore is unfold throughout 9 campuses in 5 states — Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, and Karnataka. Amrita companions with educational, trade and governmental establishments the world over to accomplish human-centered, translational, and groundbreaking analysis. To date, Amrita has greater than 500 collaborations from greater than 200 signed Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs). Some of Amrita’s companions embrace Harvard University, Columbia University, King’s College London, KTH – Royal Institute of Technology, VU Amsterdam, the British Geological Society, University of Oxford, Italian National Research Council, Deakin University, and the University of Tokyo. Sri Mata Amritanandamayi Devi (Amma), a world-renowned humanitarian chief is the founder, Chancellor, and guiding mild of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. Amma’s phrases, ideas, and imaginative and prescient for training and analysis have formed the college’s mission and imaginative and prescient.