Live and in-person TEDx collection spotlights native girls and their perspective on gender fairness.
(St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 4, 2023) – TEDxStLouis – a nonprofit group of learners and change-agents in St. Louis – will host its “Two Steps Forward” talks on Fri., Oct. 27 from 2:30 to five:30 p.m. The occasion can be held on the Touhill Performing Arts Center situated at One University Blvd. on the University of Missouri-St. Louis (UMSL) campus. Tickets vary from $35 for General Admission and $65 for a VIP expertise.
The “Two Steps Forward” TEDxStLouis Women’s occasion will spotlight inspirational girls who’re taking daring strides into the long run to make massive goals a actuality. Speakers embrace:
- Julie Antonic, Actress and Playwright for Prison Performing Arts, Artist, and proprietor of ArtTonic, “Ex prisoners are discovering stunning ranges of success as returning residents by organizations resembling Prison Performing Arts.”
- Cynthia Chapple, Founder and CEO of Black Girls Do STEM and CC Black Lab, “Roaming Curiosity Leads to Radical Imagination as an Antithesis to Injustice.”
- Betsy Cohen, Executive Director of the St. Louis Mosaic Project, “Why immigrants are vital to our communities and economies, with their compelling abilities and tales.”
- Legacy Jackson, Founder of Little Legacies Community Service Organization, “How a 14-year-old’s service group is impacting communities, growing younger change-makers, and having enjoyable with a function.”
- Mary Ruppert-Stroescu, Associate Professor at Washington University in St. Louis, “It’s a unending quest: sustainable trend options and the issues they create.”
- Naomi Wheeless, Global Head of Customer Success at Square, “Taking the I out of Leadership.”
The occasion contains Innovation Alley, an area to be taught extra about native innovators whose concepts are positively shifting the realm’s group.
Sponsors embrace COCA, 100th Monkey, Modest Motion, RAC, RGA, and US Bancorp.
TEDx is a program of native, self-organized occasions that deliver folks collectively to share a TED-like expertise. At a TEDx occasion, TEDTalks video and stay audio system mix to spark deep dialogue and connection in a small group. Founded in 2013, TEDxStLouis, previously TEDxGatewayArch, offers the group with occasions, connections, and ongoing info. For extra info or to register, go to